Look for our Call for Papers to go out sometime in July-August 2018.
The Texas Public Safety Conference is one of the largest gathering of public safety professionals and the premier event in the State of Texas. We are excited to announce that the 2019 Conference will be held in Galveston on April 14-17, 2019 at the Galveston Island Convention Center. The Call for Papers invites Texas APCO and NENA members, industry associates and partners, educators and public safety professionals to submit a paper to be considered for a session within our Professional Development Program.
The Session Tracks include the following:
- Telecommunicator & Training
- These sessions focus on subject that are relevant to frontline Telecommunicators including procedures related to answering 9-1-1 calls, dispatching responders in the field and physical/emotional health and wellness; as well as training new Telecommunicators and those who are seasoned in the industry.
- Database, GIS & Technology
- These sessions are dedicated to relevant and future-thinking topics related to Land Mobile Radio (LMR), operational impact of new technology in the communications center and how technology and information sharing is evolving as well as GIS, NG 9-1-1 and mapping.
- Leadership, Management & Supervision
- These sessions focus on developing leadership skills that every successful public safety professional needs to possess, both operationally and technically as well as enabling leaders to impact their employees and the agency by focusing on issues directly related to operating a communications and mentoring incoming and rising leaders.
- Public Education
- These sessions are devoted to those in the industry who’s primary role is educating the public about 9-1-1, text, video relay and communications with impaired callers.