The Texas Public Safety Conference is one of the largest gatherings of public safety professionals and the premier event in the state of Texas. We are excited to announce that the 2020 Conference will be held in Galveston on April 19th – April 22nd, at the Galveston Island Convention Center. The Call for Papers invites Texas APCO and NENA members, industry associates and partners, educators, and public safety professionals to submit a paper to be considered for a session within our Professional Development Program.
The 2020 Session Tracks include the following:
- Telecommunicator, Training, & Public Education
- Telecommunicator and Training sessions will focus on subjects that are relevant to frontline Telecommunicators including procedures related to answering 9-1-1 calls, dispatching responders in the field, and physical/emotional health and wellness; as well as training new Telecommunicators and those who are seasoned in the industry.
- Public Education sessions will be focus to those in the industry whose primary role is educating the public about 9-1-1, text, video relay, and communications with impaired callers.
- Database, GIS, Radio, & Technology
- These sessions are dedicated to relevant and future-thinking topics related to Land Mobile Radio (LMR), the operational impact of new technology in the communications center, how technology and information sharing is evolving, and GIS, NG 9-1-1 and mapping.
- Leadership, Management, Operations, & Supervision
- These sessions focus on developing leadership skills that every successful public safety professional needs to possess, both operationally and technically, as well as enabling leaders to impact their employees and the agency by focusing on issues directly related to operating a communications center and mentoring incoming and rising leaders.
Submissions must include contact information and a brief biography of the speaker(s) in 50 words or less and written in the third person.
All co-presenters, if applicable, will need to be listed as well (limit of 4).
Provide two professional speaking references.
Title of presentation and the track to be submitted under.
Completion of lesson plan must be submitted as well for Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) continuing education credit submission. We will provide the lesson plan format to be used for TCOLE credit once the submission has been accepted.
All submissions must be submitted electronically via the online submission process. If you do not receive an email confirmation, your proposal was not properly submitted or left incomplete. If you have questions regarding whether the proposal was submitted and accepted you must contact the chair and/or co-chair before the deadline of Monday, September 9th, 2019 at 5pm CST. Notification of acceptance will be sent via email by Monday, September 30th, 2019 at 5pm CST.
Evaluation guidelines include a sub-committee reviewing each presentation for quality, timelines, relevance to track chosen by presenter, material focused on topic according to title of presentation, as well as potential attendee interest in the presentation proposed. Attendees should be able to gauge the content of the session from the title and track chosen.
Submission Deadline: Monday, September 9th, 2019 by 5pm CST.
Notifications of acceptance: Monday, September 30th, 2019 by 5pm CST.
Contact information for Sessions/Presentations: