The Texas Public Safety Conference is one of the largest gatherings of public safety professionals and the premier event in the state of Texas. We are excited to announce that the 2021 Conference will be held in Galveston on April 11 – 14, at the Galveston Island Convention Center. The Call for Papers invites Texas APCO and NENA members, industry associates and partners, educators, and public safety professionals to submit a paper to be considered for a session within our Professional Development Program.
The 2021 Session Tracks include the following:
- Telecommunicator, Training, & Public Education
- Telecommunicator and Training sessions will focus on subjects that are relevant to frontline Telecommunicators including procedures related to answering 9-1-1 calls, dispatching responders in the field, and physical/emotional health and wellness; as well as training new Telecommunicators and those who are seasoned in the industry.
- Public Education sessions will be focus to those in the industry whose primary role is educating the public about 9-1-1, text, video relay, and communications with impaired callers.
- Database, GIS, Radio, & Technology
- These sessions are dedicated to relevant and future-thinking topics related to Land Mobile Radio (LMR), the operational impact of new technology in the communications center, how technology and information sharing is evolving, and GIS, NG 9-1-1 and mapping.
- Leadership, Management, Operations, & Supervision
- These sessions focus on developing leadership skills that every successful public safety professional needs to possess, both operationally and technically, as well as enabling leaders to impact their employees and the agency by focusing on issues directly related to operating a communications center and mentoring incoming and rising leaders.
• Electronic submission is required via the Team911 online submission process.
• Submissions must include contact information and a brief biography of the speaker(s) in 50 words or less and written in the third person. All co-presenters, if applicable, will need to be listed as well (limit of 4).
• Provide two professional speaking references.
• Title of presentation and the track for which the submission is listed.
• Complete and compliant TCOLE lesson plans are required so continuing education credits are possible by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE). *We will provide the lesson plan format for TCOLE credit once the submission is accepted.
If you do not receive an email confirmation, the submission was not completed. If you have questions regarding a submitted proposal, you must contact the sessions chair and/or co-chair before the deadline, Friday, September 25, 2020 at 5pm CST.
All completed notifications of accepted submissions will be sent via email by Friday, October 23, 2020 at 5pm CST.
• Upon acceptance, presenters will be required to sign a Speaker Agreement form and Audio/Visual form.
• Presenters are responsible for all travel costs as well as the cost of registration.
• Each session is 60 minutes, which includes a Q&A session. Keep this in mind as you prepare your presentation. ALL sessions/submissions must be educational and not concentrate on selling a product. Submissions focused-on specific vendors and/or their products receive no evaluation or consideration by the sub-committee.
• Digital copies of the presentation are required for the educational session prior to the conference.
Evaluation guidelines include a sub-committee reviewing each presentation for quality, timelines, relevance to track chosen by presenter, material focused on topic according to title of presentation, as well as potential attendee interest in the presentation proposed. Attendees should be able to gauge the content of the session from the title and track chosen.
Submission Deadline: Friday, September 25, 2020 by 5pm CST.
Notifications of acceptance: Friday, October 23, 2020 by 5pm CST.
Contact information for Sessions/Presentations:
Terry Goswick, North Texas Emergency Communications Center
Robbie McCormick, Tarrant County 9-1-1 District
Click Here for link to Call for Papers Submission Page